3-piece band finds regular employment
SRVC was successful in getting the 3-piece band consisting of Flute, Guitar & Tabla employed with Hotel Le Meridien, Cochin as the restaurant Band in the evenings. They also play at the Aster Medicity Hospital as a lobby band in the mornings.
× Employment support offered to deserving candidates - aim has been to offer employment support to majority students from the batches.
Other achievements :
- We have been able to train and secure employment for many visually challenged in reputed organizations like Wipro, Cisco, CTS, Taj, Eastern Group, Popular Automobiles, Muthoot, Choice School, Sunrise Hospital, Allianz Insurance, Bank of India, Le Meridien Hotel Kochi, Gateway Hotel Kochi and several marketing cos etc.
- The 'Heart2Heart' orchestra has performed over 200 shows with five held overseas, and all proceeds from the shows directed entirely to the artists. They have shared stages with many celebrities who have even performed with the orchestra.
- The three piece band which is a part of the orchestra, has a permanent job with Hotel Le Meridien, Cochin as the hotel and at Aster Medicity as a lobby band. The trio has produced an instrumental album which is promoted too as corporate handouts.
- "Ansar's healing touch reflexology" has been developed, branded and grown as a commercial enterprise run and operated successfully by Dr C A Ansar, a Visually Challenged therapist and has been able to provide employment to many more in his establishment.
- By providing a platform and offering financial assistance to produce the music for a movie, a visually challenged music composer has today become a recognized Music Director in the Film Industry.
- More awareness on 'Cricket for the Blind' as a competitive sport, where few of the SRVC students have gone on to play for the State and represent the country for Blind Cricket and other Blind sports like athletics, power lifting etc.
- A Kerala Blind Football team formed recently for encouraging sports amongst the sector, as a debutant, secured the Runners up position at the National Blind 5-a-side Football championships held at Delhi in Jan'15 and earlier in May'13.
- SRVC has been working with IBSA (Indian Blind Sports Association) and Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) to promote Blind Football in the country and helped setup the first Indian National B1 Blind Football team in Aug '13 . The Indian team has participated at several International Tournaments and is presently ranked 28th in the world.